Thursday, April 28, 2011

Already Vacation Thursday

How can it already be Thursday of my vacation week? It is NOT possible. Why is it vacation weeks just FLY right by?
So today is a LOW KEY day for me. I might do some cleaning-that I want to do-and want to play in the studio, read some more (I woke up and read for an hour and a half this morning-LOVE IT!) , and since its cloudy (but awfully warm) take a nap. I just feel LAZY and its great to feel that way and be able to be that way. I need a low key day after doing all kinds of going and driving in the last 3. First to Mom's and back (2 1/2 hours away) and yesterday out shopping in Natick, MA outside of Boston which was a good 2 hours each way. But it was a fantastic adventure day yesterday, lots of good chatting, a great lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, shopping at Crate and Barrel and at the Container store where I bought some cool storage bins that I want to fill up-hence my cleaning today. Fun cleaning-if such a thing can exist-but I love going though and organizing my craft supplied.
So today I am posting a few recent scrap pages from my Road Trip in a Huyndai California summer of 2009 trip journal that I am still working on. I do love to scrapbook/journal my pages...but one thing I find about doing that is that after a bit I need to put it aside because everything starts to look similar. Then I make some cards, do some other projects, and get back to it, eventually.
In all 3 of these pages we are in Northern California. This one of me, with the big head that someone snapped while I was driving (most likely Katie but it could have been Dave too) is while in Stout Grove in Redwood National Park. I stamped some Basic Grey stamps in green to make the backrgound and mounted the photo on some 7Gypsies paper (trimmed to make a small mount) and added some stamped and die cut images- I know the explore your world stamp is from Autumn Leaves and the other, I think, are from kaiser Craft.
The photo of Katie is mounted on some other 7Gypsies paper and then decorated with die cuts and a deer which I cut out of a piece of Martha Stewart paper. Dave's page is made by stamping a bunch of Tim Holtz background stamps in various colors and then a bit of 7Gypsies tape added along with soem scrap paper and also the words which are from MSE.
Finally the top scenery page is made by stamping a checkerboard background stamp rather grungily on the page and then a piece of Basic Grey paper put down. There's a die-cut tag which is distressed and some brown starfish stickers (I colored in the spaces) and some old seagull stickers I found. I also added a bunch of Dimensional Paint dots, some brown wave stickers (those and the starfish are from Hot Off the Press) and some 7Gypsies photo corners.
So there you go...I suppose I should get up off the couch and get moving...maybe take the dog for a walk and get myself into action mode...
Enjoy your day and thanks for visiting.

No comments: