Saturday, March 12, 2011

Travel Journal

I've decided today to post some photos of my travel journal...not quite finished since I've come home. I like to add a few completing details before I stash it away on my journal shelf...but I have yet to add anything other than those items I did on the trip. So this is still a "rough" view. But here above is the cover which I have shown before.
First page spread. On the left I made this pocket and tucked in travel papers and on the right I added bits and pieces of "things" from the drip- the words off the NyQuil box to help me fight my cold, some stickers. And below are 2 pages that form another spread. I used several of my tags that I made before we left.
This is the simplest page of al, just a postcard on the paper. This postcard was exactly how it looked when we arrived in the park, and I LOVE it. Clear bue skies, snow on the peaks of the Panamint Mountains, the salt flat white and glistening...straight road, you could see for miles.
And the spread page its on. I made a little graph on the right side to show our day...yes, me geeking out a bit I must admit...
After Death Valley we returned to Las Vegas for 2 nights before we flew home...I guess I wasn't much in a Vegas place because on our day back we stopped at Red Rock Canyon to check it out and then on our next day we went back out to Lake Mead to see how low it had gotten and also went and explored the Colorado River south of Hoover Dam just a bit.
Not sure I really have this travel journaling down to what I wish it would be. I'm not unhappy with my journals, and they do give me lots of info...but what would be nice if I had the time would be to do a sketchbook journal...but you have to stop and draw which I don't think would work with my hubby and I've thought about making a journal I could come home and add photos to, but I take so many photos and I enjoy scrapping them later on...anyhow...I may get it someday...but most likely not. Good thing my journal is really just for me and it doesn't have to please anyone but me...and that is a GREAT thing.
Happy Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed Maine wins tonight in the NCAA Hockey East playoffs.

No comments: