Friday, March 18, 2011

A Curiosity

Happy Friday everyone!
I'm excited that the work week is winding down...seems like its been a long week to me. I'm ready for a weekend and not getting up at 5 a.m. Plus Katie is due home from her trip to Ohio this morning...and I hope she arrived before I leave for work. I can't wait to see her.
So today's card has a very European Vintage feel to me. It reminds me of a fairy tale illustration. I began with a white card which I punched the edge corners. Then I used part of a piece of dry embossed background...it was done on an off-white paper and then I used brown ink to highlight the lettering. Then I stamped a LaBlance image on paper and colored it with my Copics before cutting it out and adding it to the card. Undeerneath the mushroom I put some smalled die cut shapes (left over centers from flowers I had punched out, added green stems with a marker and some blue dots in Dimensional Pearls. In the two fold corners I placed a blueish hole reinforcer and added the same blue dots and the saame green swirls which I then outlined with a lighter green. I don't know who made the words-but I think it might by Siver Crow. I stamped the saying directly on the card and and doodled the outline and colored inside the doodles.
Well we're suppose to have one more 60 degree day here in New Hampshire before it cools off for the weekend...I am VERY excited about that. We might even lose most of our snow today...ok so that's wishful thinking but we have lost so much in the last week that I think we'll be down to under a foot in the backyard...YAHOO! Thanks goodness for the little things like that. Thanks goodness we can have hope about spring arriving because right now I know a lot of folks who need it as badly as me. Maybe even you.
Until next post...

No comments: