Friday, February 25, 2011

C'est Vendredi

Its almost time guys and gals...Vacation awaits after just one more day of work. Tonight we have a hockey game...if we can dig out the foot of snow on the ground...tomorrow we fly...away from the snow and the precipitation that's here in New Hampshire...I'm not getting too descriptive because precipitation is a dirty word right now. Both directions to work today were horrible and my driveway has yet to be snow blowed...feeling a little time stressed here...wish our flight was later tomorrow! But when I'm in the air tomorrow, it won't matter 1 bit!
So another bird card...since  flying is on my mind.
I die cut this card with green cardstock with a sizzix card die...I used a mover and shaker's die cut to add the center bracket cut out and then filled that opening with some 7Gypsies paper. Then I outlined the edge of that paper with black just for some contrast. The bird is die cut with another Sizzix die on tagstock. I then colored it with various Copics and some white pen and some gold pen and also ended by distressing it with some Mango Memories ink. I added a dimensiona pearl drop for an eye and then set it aside. I used a CHF backgrounder stamp to stamp the background design on the green cardstock. The postmarks are stamped from 7Gypsies Avignon set. The top dotted swag is an older stamp which might be Savvy Stamps and I added the dimensional pearl dot and used white and brown pen to add the little tassels. I attached the bird and made a crown for her by taking some brown colored German metal scrap paper( the same trim I used along the bottom of the card) and cutting off 3 points and then attaching each like a crown. Then I put on a few Hero Arts gemstones to finish off the crown. The heart is free cut, glued down and then outlined and the words are from Hero Arts. Funny, I didn't like the bird while making her but now on the card, I like her. Well I should say I didn't like my coloring of the bird at first, and now I do.
So LOTS to do including a day of work...
Until next time...I bid you
Adieu

No comments: