Saturday, November 6, 2010

Always Dark

Its been a rainy last few days, today is no exception to that, and its a dark morning, but a GREAT morning to sleep in which is where I'm at right now. Definately enjoyed that!!! Today I want to get in the studio soon too, as most of my week I either didn't make it in OR I've been working on cleaning it up a bit...pulling out the holiday stamp boxes off the top shelf...the change over PLUS I couldn't stand the mess. But today, I want some craft time!!!! (and some clean time too most likely!)
Here's the card I made Katie for her birthday...just something quick and easy...and these Stampington birthday people are HILARIOUS. The balloons are Hero Arts only I covered them with Stickles so you can't see the words and designs but the sparkles really make the card on a birthday.
So yesterday I was in Barnes and Nobles looking for and buying the new Nigella Larson cookbook, (Love her recipes-they're easy, tasty, varied and some unique) when I discovered the British publication Craft Stamper. That's a really good magazine...I've seen it on people's blogs but never checked it out for myself. I like how they teach you actual techniques more than some magazines do. (Of course I love most craft magazines equally...you could go broke buying them all).
This week I also receieved some stamps I bought off of Artistic Outpost during they're anniversary sale...got the new Wizard of Oz stamps...this is a childhood favorite of mine...plus the Peter Pan and the Christmas woods set that I've been wanting...now I need to find time to cut them out...but I LOVE the newest Wizard of Oz set a lot!!!

Happy Saturday-off to start my day!