Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Easter is a Holy Day and also more to me a day that celebrates spring. After a tough winter, life is going through rebirth. I'm ready for spring rebirth, that's for sure.
Its so nice to see some color in my gardens (and they are all raked too! Amazing since its early April). I've seen some people around here with daffoldils blooming, but mine are in a cooler spot and their budding already so it probably won't be long. Yesterday was the most gorgeous day in the high 70's- actually felt hot out. Got my hottub cleaned out, my annual April chore before the blackflies arrive-now we need to refill.
And I put up my new/old cassette holder a friend gave me at work Friday. They hold ink pads fantastically- except the Distress pads which are a bit thicker but they can stay together in a bin. I'm very excited with those. I also ran through some thicker bronze clay in my kiln which came out great and then tried some copper, but I've realized my kiln runs a but hot so next time I need to turn down the heat a bit. Luckily copper isn't expensive to buy, and I know lots of folks have had issues firing it, but its just getting to see how this kiln heats. And I also made some silver clay pieces which are air drying and Dave and I went out to dinner.
Today, more things to do (like taxes-eeks) and more nice weather to enjoy.

No comments: