Sunday, January 17, 2010

Snowy Sunday

Snowy but busy. Bathroom work is going on-and I'm sick of the mess. I shouldn't complain like I am right now, since the poor souls in Haiti have way more mess than my house is, but when you're cooped in, and there's a toilet in the middle of your living room floor and dishes piled on your counter and bags and shelves and other bathroom items all over your diningroom, after a bit, it gets to you. Especially when you're inside more than out like it is in January. Am working on painting some- not sure this is the right yellow-like it but still not sure...and floor is being worked on and new toilet is going in today- yahoo.

Anyhow, here's some random photos off my phone. Yesterday was a gorgeous March like day- in the high 40's, and when Katie got home from school after her calculus exam- she and I took off and went south of Boston to IKEA. It was a great spontaneous roadtrip- we had talked about going today but with the weather predicted to be sketchy today, we went yesterday. Spent a small fortune-its that time of year to spruce up the house (ok, another guilty moment when I think of the poor people in Haiti with now homes left...this is bad, isn't it?)- but got studio lighting and Katie got bedding items and I found some new dishes-18 place settings for under $75. (No that I need 18 place settings, but I wanted some various colors...ended up with blue, my favorite spring green and blue!) I really wanted new dishes, not that I needed them truly, but the others were pretty scratched up and a lot had been broken over time so it was an incomplete set...like I said, time to spruce up the house.



Here's a couple of photos from my field trip a week ago to the New England Aquarium. Love that place and we had a good trip.


Here's one of my favorite critters at the aquarium, the cuttlefish. They're related to the octopus and they have the ability to flash bioluminescence - they're bodies change patterns- it is soooo cool.


And this picture goes back to right after Christmas, the morning we drove down to see Mom. Fresh snow, wet messy roads, but very COLD that day.
Oh yes, Katie got into the University of New Hampshire- its very exciting. She's not sure she wants to go there since its not too far from home (40 minutes) and its the state university...but we'll see what else happens.
And now its snowing and Dave's working on putting down new flooring in the bathroom- am holding photos until we get more complete...it is exciting...I know that the mess getting under my skin will be quickly forgotten once the work is done and the place looks
FABULOUS!
Happy Day!

No comments: