Thursday, November 19, 2009

A couple of scrap pages and a surprise



So here's a couple of pages from the book I'm making my mother-photos from her 80th party we had back in early October. The top page is the front title page inside the album-her joke is that she always turns 29-every year (which makes me 20 years older than her-figure that out?) but its a good joke if you aren't anal about the math. The page below is is one I made by stamping the numbers to get the background. My mother's taste runs very austere- and when making these pages its tough- I want to show myself as the artist/crafter to people who look at the book but want it to be my mother's taste since it is for her. Hope this succeeds.

And anyhow- here is my surprise- its very exciting-bought the tickets last night-found the sale deal I was looking for on Aer Lingus-flying through Dublin-the last family trip before Katie goes off to college (or so I say...but most likely since college is so expensive and we are just a working couple-not independently wealthy). Any, February school vacation we are going to explore a new place-Spain-Catalonia -Barcelona. One more place high on my list (but there seems to be a lot on my list... cross one off and add another)

No comments: