Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Now and then


Here's my daughter Katie and my husband Dave when we were in CA last summer. This isn't the best photo of Katie, but still not bad. This is when we were on Angel Island in San Francisco Bay.

And here's one of the photos of Katie I pulled out last night to send into the yearbook. She was so cute...can't believe she was that little once... this little blue car was originally mine, though my mom insisted on keeping it and she'll tell you it was my brother's, anyhow, not going there and complaining about my mother. Its interesting to see how she's not only grown but how her face has changed in all those years. I'm guessing here she's maybe 3, maybe 4. Maybe even 5, not exactly sure and I'd have to go back to the album to get an exact number.
In a month this little cutie will be 18-18!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. We're in spirit week this week at school and Thursday is 50 years from now day-making me 99-99!!!!!!!!!!!! That seems so old to me but being 49 probably seems so old to the kids at school. Looking at this photo of Katie makes me feel like I'm getting older too. Not terribly aweful mind you...but its a thought. I must say, lately I've found this great peace with myself...guess its being old and maybe having reached the point where it doesn't matter what other people think so much...Anyhow, how did this turn to me when this post was about my beautiful daughter?
Hey-by the way- it is now officially autumn-as of 5:18 this afternoon. (And guess what-its really humid...go figure)

No comments: