Thursday, August 20, 2009

Counting down






A month ago we were in California and spending the day in San Francisco. A month? Boy does time fly. Here's some pictures from our day-top to bottom-tug boat in the Nautical National Park Museum past Fisherman's wharf on Pier 41 or 43 or something like that. Also here, Dave behind the wheel of a masted ship. Pier 39 flags-better known as the very touristy Fisherman' Wharf. Our dinner one month ago tonight- sundae's from a Giradelli Chocolate shop at Ghiradelli Square. YUM! And lastly, this seagull down on Pier 1 or 3 or 5 (low in the numbers) and a view of the Bay Bridge.
This time, one month later, counting down the days till school starts. Katie goes back Monday, I got back 1 week later. Today was hair day so we'd girls look beautiful for our big days and also Katie's last weekday working at the lake. I brought her breakfast (bagels and chocolate milk/coffee milk for me) and sat and enjoyed the sun and the water. A sad part of summer ending is the flexible moments like deciding at the last minute to go up to the lake and enjoy some beauty of NH and summer. Plus, it means cooler fall weather will be coming-and I love fall, but it means the inevitable winter is on its way-which I don't look forward to. Another bad part is having to get up in the morning at 5, and then the stress of work. I know, I am very lucky to have my job, and I know that, and I appreciate that, but its so hard getting to the end of a long extended vacation. This summer has so far been GREAT, and I still have over a week to go. I know, I have played all summer-had a ball, and been walking (another morning activity I miss). So tonight, Dave is watching pre-season football-week 2- always a bad sign for the ending of summer but good if you like football and my show starts-Project Runway-now on Lifetime- recording the special pre-show with the older season designers which I really wanted to see but Dave wanted to see the game, and he does have to work tomorrow since he doesn't get the summer off like some people. Its recording and will catch it later-definately. I love Project Runway. It is an awesome show.
Till later.

No comments: