Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More San Francisco





San Francisco is really a gorgeous city- I love that it has a downtown but its really more neighborhoods with homes...and green...and hills-those crazy steep hills. You can see that in the parking photos, with the cars parked along the road and also the top cable car photo as it crests the hill. And green- the photo of an alley we walked past, with the trees in it. Not your usual alley. Plus, the newpaper I saw while we walked through Chinatown-I love that. This was my second trip to this city- even though it has been over 20 years sicne my last visit and did forget about the hills a bit...woe- need to stop and catch your breath a bit there. Plus, don't forget the cool bone chilling wind- even in July- dressed in layers-plural. BRRR.
So today in New Hampshire we had a gorgeous day- one of the best all summer. Warm, not humid, blue skies-oh I love it...and we've had more rain and gray than days like this. kate and I went back to the lake...spent most of our time across the lake at my husband's aunt and uncle's house visiting- which was fun. These are the kind of summer days that stick in your mind and come back when you think of the word summer.










No comments: